Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Couch 2 5k completed!

I really thought this mornings workout was going to be a complete waste.  I had a hard time falling asleep last night.  I actually stayed awake for all of Biggest Loser (and cried that Arthur had to go home).  By the time I got myself in bed it was 10:30 and still had to fall asleep.  At 11:30 my oldest had a bad dream and woke up screaming.  Our boys share a room and the downfall to that is that when he woke up screaming, the youngest also woke up.  It took nearly an hour to get him settled back to sleep.  The oldest didn't want to sleep in his bed and ended up in ours.  That makes me, my husband, my son and of course the dog all in our bed, a queen size bed.  Of course everyone was sprawled out, except for me who was struggling to stay in the bed.  I was almost tempted to just sleep on the couch, but I finally managed to fall back asleep.  When that alarm went off at 4am, I did not want to get up.  I was actually very tempted to just turn it off and keep sleeping.  But I got up and slowly got myself ready.

When I got to the gym I did 10 min warm up on the elliptical, then headed over to the treadmill for a run.  I was running at 5.4/5.5, switching it up here and there throughout the run.  It's amazing how that .1 can make a difference in how I'm feeling.  The sound of it really doesn't sound like it's that much of a difference in speed.  Anyways I was running and feeling good the first 2 miles.  Once I hit that 2 mile mark I really wanted to take a short break and walk.  I wasn't hurting anywhere.  I don't even know if I was really tired.  I was just at that mental spot where I've been stopping the past few weeks and really just wanted to stop again.  But I kept telling myself over and over "I am strong"  "I can do this"  "I will not stop.  Once I got to 2.75 miles I upped the speed every little bit until I was finishing the 3.1 at 6.0.  The final time was 34:14.  I then did a cook down walk until I was at 40 minutes.  I was one sweaty mess when I was done.  After cardio was finished I headed over to the weights for upper body/core and did a new routine I saw in the latest Fitness magazine that came in the mail yesterday.  I'll have to look for a link and post it later.  For now it's off to be a mommy and get the kids ready for our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment