Thursday, March 3, 2011

Side Bend Shoulder Press

This is the exercise I mentioned yesterday that I added into my routine.  I saw it in the most recent Fitness Magazine.  It's part of the Fast Belly Blast: Crunch-Free Ab Exercises.  I thought it was a pretty good workout. 

Side-Bend Shoulder Press

What you'll need: a 5- to 8-pound dumbbell
Targets: Shoulders, abs, and obliques
-- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, dumbbell in right hand by side, and bring left hand to touch back of head, elbow bent out to side.
-- Hinge at waist to side bend to right, reaching dumbbell along outside of right leg toward knee. (Do not allow torso to tip forward.)
-- Return to upright posture, raising dumbbell to right shoulder and then pressing it overhead, palm facing left.
-- Lower dumbbell to shoulder; return to start.
-- Do 30 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment