Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh the bloat!

There's 1 week of the month that I hate weighing in and that would be this week.  I am so bloated, yesterday I even made it a purpose to cut back on the sodium.  Hopefully it goes away soon.  I hate feeling this way. 

Anyways today is weigh in day.  170.8.  I'm crawling to the 160's.  Hopefully after the bloat goes away, I will be there next week! 

I switched things up at the gym today.  I think I will do it for the next week just to give my body a little shake in what is happening.  Today I did 10 bike warm up, then instead of doing cardio like I normally do I headed to the weight section to work on lower body strength training.  After I was done with that I then did cardio.  Today I did a 1 mile run (9:43) and walked at an incline for 12 minutes.  I really liked doing the leg strength training first because my leg muscles were definitely ready to go for a run instead of still feeling a little rubber bandy.  Today was an abbreviated workout because I wanted to do some tanning before I left.  I haven't done that in so long, but with spring time coming up and some events in the future I wanted to get a little color on me.

Yesterday I ordered my S2H Replay band from Amazon.  I had enough gift cards from Swagbucks that I could get it for free.  I wrote about it when I first saw it on the news back in January, but basically you get rewarded for working out.  Every 15 minutes of exercise a bar on the band fills up.  After 1 hour you get a code that you put into the website for points.  You can then cash in the points for gift cards.  I'm excited.  I'm already working out so why not get rewarded for it!?!?

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  I talked a friend of mine who is just getting into running into going with me on my run tomorrow.  She's been having a hard time with distance so hopefully I can push her along and help reach her goal.  Sunday we are going to my sister in law's birthday dinner.  Spaghetti, salad, cake, ice cream.  Oy!  I am making some turkey meatballs to take so I think I'll just have a few of those, salad and a tiny bit of either the cake or the ice cream. 

Don't forget to change your clocks Saturday night!  It's time to spring forward (and lose 1 hr of sleep).  Speaking of sleep, guess who was able to sleep from 9:30pm-4:00am without being woken up several times??  Yuppers that would be me.  Oh it felt so great.  Hopefully it can happen again tonight!

"Even if you fall flat on your face·at least you are moving forward."-Sue Luke:

No comments:

Post a Comment