Friday, March 18, 2011

Registered

I'm officially registered for my first 2011 5k.  It's April 23rd so just about 1 month away and benefits he American SIDS (Sudden Infant Death syndrome) Institute.  


Today is official weigh-in day, it ends up being the same as yesterday - 169.0.

I'm looking forward to this weekend.  Tomorrow I plan on doing a run outdoors if the weather cooperates.  If not then I'll head to the gym.  Then I'm buying new sneakers!  I'm going to a local running store and am so excited to get quality sneakers and new socks.  One of our friends is hosting a DiGiorno Pizza Party through House Party in the afternoon, so it should be interesting trying to figure out what to eat.  Sunday we're going for our annual free Rita's water ice for the first day of spring.  This year I think I'll try one of their sugar free flavors.

Today is going to be absolutely gorgeous here in New Jersey, which means we can do another family walk after dinner.  We walk around the neighborhood, an equivalent of 1 mile.

Today's gym workout was lower body strength training and 45 min on the Arc Trainer.  I'll have to do some core work later today.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
~Confucius~

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your first 2011 5K! My first is tomorrow! ahh!

    ReplyDelete