Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To cut or not to cut

has been my question for the past few days, as in cut my hair.  My goal was to grow my hair out so I could pull it back in a pony tail.  The problem is that my hair is thick, and well just annoying.  It has lots of body, some of it is wavy, some spiral curly and some just straight. I ended up having to straighten my hair to make it look good.  The odd thing about my hair is that the longer it is, the more curl/wave it has.  Normally it's the opposite.  Anyway, another issue about long hair for me is that I had long hair almost my entire childhood.  I chopped it off in 3rd grade, but then had it grow back.   After I lost weight in high school, I cut my hair short again.  I associate my long hair with being overweight.  I have such a had time getting past that.  

So recently my hair has been at that annoying length when growing it out that it sits on my neck, but not long enough to pull up yet.  It has really been bothering me while working out because it makes me so hot.  I've been going back and forth on whether to cut it short or let it continue to grow.  Yesterday both boys were napping at the same time which is a rarity since the oldest hardly ever naps.  I was playing around with my hair and decided to just do it.  I took the scissors and chopped it off.  I've paid lots of attention to the hair dresser when getting my hair cut and have cut my hair before so it actually turns out nice and not all choppy looking. So I now have short hair and it makes me feel great.  I love the way it makes my face look thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment