Thursday, March 24, 2011

What have you done to make you feel proud

One thing that workouts do is strengthen me, not just physically, but also mentally.  I feel like I can do so much more on the days that I get my blood moving through my body.  I don't feel meek.  I can feel like I can be who I should be.  I recently came across the song Proud by Heather Small.  Those of you who are Biggest Loser fans will recognize the song as the shows theme song.  (I'm not sure if they're using it his year though because I always miss the first few minutes of the show).  Anyhow, this is one question that I have been asking myself each night - What have you done today to make you feel proud?  Many times the answer deals with my workout or resisting a food temptation.  Other times it deals with motherhood - I didn't totally blow my gasket when the children were working my last nerve.  Then of course there are the other little things here and there.  Even on the worst days I can find an answer to that question.  It has really helped my self-esteem doing a little personal reflection at the end of the day.  I find the song to be inspirational so I'm going to share it with you. 



So ask yourself this tonight before you go to bed: what have you done today to make you feel proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment