Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Off

Today I just feel off.  I think all the disrupted sleep I've been having for 3 weeks now is catching up with me.  The only thing that got me out of bed this morning is knowing that tomorrow I can sleep in.  At the gym I did 12 min warm up on the elliptical then headed to the treadmill.  On the treadmill I ran at 5.4.  I wanted to quit at the half mile.  It took everything I had to keep going.  I was still feeling sluggish at 20 minutes so I took down to a walk for 3 minutes.  I needed to do some self talk and get myself pumped up again.  After the 3 minutes I kicked the speed back up to 5.4 to finish the run.  After 2.75 miles I gradually kicked the speed up until I was at 6.0 at the 3 mile mark.  I ran at 6.0 until 3.25 miles.  The time ended up being 37:03.  I then walked until I was at 48 minutes for a total of 1hr cardio.  The workout was finished off with lower body weights.  I'll do core later today.  All in all I'm glad I didn't give up when I wanted to, but I sure am looking forward to tomorrow!

"A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't."
~ Jack Dempsey

No comments:

Post a Comment